- About Us
- IMS Turns 40
- FAQ about IMS
- Virtual Tours
- Current News
- Working and Volunteering
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
- Contact Us
- Mailing List
- Meditation Retreats
- New to Meditation?
- FAQ about Retreats
- Food and Accommodations
- Retreat Center
- Forest Refuge
- Work Retreats
- Pay Your Balance
Working at IMS – Staff Sangha Program
In addition to ensuring the smooth operations of retreats, our staff members share responsibility for the integrity of the spiritual refuge that IMS offers.
Our Staff Sangha Program supports the investigation of the teachings, the development of individual practices and the deepening of a spirit of service. It is designed to help staff bring greater mindfulness and kindness into social interactions and to grow in wisdom and compassion.
Resident Teachers implement this program and guide employees year-round in the integration of meditation practice with daily life and work. They highlight the perspective that all life situations, whether individual or interpersonal, are opportunities for awareness.
- Monthly teachings and discussions offered by resident and visiting teachers
- Kalyana Mitta (Spiritual Friends) groups – small peer groups that meet twice a month for an hour to discuss practice topics, facilitated by our Resident Teachers
- Hour-long dharma meetings every other week for staff departments with a Resident Teacher
- Staff group sittings twice a month
- An annual week-long Staff Retreat
- Optional individual interviews with a Resident Teacher; one half-hour meeting available weekly